Wednesday 30 March 2011

Renovated French Country House

Today I'm taking you to have a look at this beautifully restored house, furnished in a casual French country style. This home is so inviting I feel I'm walking through the rooms as I go from one pic to the next. Come and see them with me!




Hexagonal and square terra cotta tiles in most of the rooms for a rustic look.


One of the doors in the entrance hall has been decorated with a stenciled design. It also appears on the walls leading upstairs.


One side of the living room. The original beams were preserved.


On the other side of the living room, a collection of framed old photographs are displayed on the wall.




A conservatory style addition allows lots of natural light into the kitchen.




For a softer look, wood herringbone floor was used in the bedrooms.


A very feminine master bedroom.

All images from here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. How lovely! I would kill for that conservatory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is so cozy and inviting.
    Yes, I have to agree, the conservatory is fantastic.
    Hugs
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  3. How warm and relaxing...adore the french headboard and bench in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty!
    So much I love about this house... the green woodwork in the hall, the lace blinds at the windows, the tiles in the kitchen and the fantastic picture hang in the living room!
    Thank you for sharing :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... I'm in love with this house!!!
    so Cozy ...
    Kisses
    Etta

    ReplyDelete
  6. This house is a heaven! Maybe the white paints and some accessories could add appeal in this house. Actually, the design is quite simple, and yet beautiful. I think I'll feel comfortable to live in this house. How I wish I could find and buy a house like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the French country style this is my dream house. It's just gorgeous, I'd move in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This house is really pretty. It is a dream.
    sissy-atelier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop